What Are Some Of The Signs Of Mold Contamination?

Molds can grow on virtually any substance, provided that moisture is present. Prompt attention to water damage or visible mold can often keep a minor problem from becoming major. A neglected water damage can turn into an extensive mold damage restoration project.

Mold Remediation

You may have mold if there is:


  • Visible mold growth.
  • Musty or earthy odor that is most noticeable when you first enter a structure or room. Your nose will become desensitized to it in about 10 seconds.
  • High indoor humidity levels for extended periods.
  • Headaches and allergic reactions when within the environment.

If I Discover Mold, What Do I Do?

Black mold in the closet? First, don’t panic, but do use caution. Make sure your actions won’t aggravate the problem by making the spores airborne or spread them to uncontaminated areas. Call a ATH Restoration for a professional assessment. Testing can be done to determine the type of mold, but the bottom line is that the mold has to go, no matter what species. A mold inspection may be required to be completed by a certified air quality specialist. These mold inspectors break the situation down to a science and will even test the area post remediation to confirm the services are 100% complete and effective.

Mold Removal and Microbial Remediation

ATH Restoration specializing in removing difficult molds and microbial growth. ATH knows that the key to effective mold control, is moisture control. Mold gradually destroys whatever it grows on. ATH can help you prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth. Call today for prompt assistance. (480) 207-7011

Effects of Mold and Microbial Growth Mold and Microbial growth can affect both a structure and its inhabitants. Not only does mold and microbial growth affect the structural integrity of the building, but it also affects the integrity of the inhabitants health. Mold is usually not a problem indoors, however, mold spores can easily land a damp spot and begin growth. Molds produce substances called allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, toxic substances (mycotoxins). Just by inhaling or touching mold or mold spores, can easily cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Some allergic responses can include sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and dermatitis. Molds also pose a serious treat to asthma patients, as some can cause severe respiratory distress. You do not have to be allergic to notice symptoms as some molds can affect anyone.

Ready to get started?

Call to schedule your free inspection/estimate today!!!

480-207-7011